Sunday, November 23, 2008

Quaint Family Trip to a Picturesque Pumpkin Patch!

I'm sure you've all been waiting for it, right? Well, here you go!



Wait - what's that you say? She looks a lot like she did on the day of the Obama picture? Not sure what you're talking about. And that pumpkin looks so similar to the one out in front of our building? Sorry - I think I hear the phone ringing -- gotta run!

Okay, fine, I admit it. I am out of the running for mother of the year AGAIN for failing to take my kid to a pumpkin patch. Forget the farm, we didn't even make it to one of the city's pumpkin lots.

Not to be a party pooper towards anyone who did make it to a patch this fall, but I feel only slightly bad about not going. I think next year when she's walking and can get more excited about the whole thing we'll be more inclined to haul out to the hinterlands. (There - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Well, that plus the tried and true - busyness.)

No comments: