Monday, August 10, 2009

Nesting: Am I Doing This All Wrong?

So, anyway, about the nesting. We've painted Georgia's big girl room, installed shelving in our under-the-stairs closet, re-planted our flower boxes (after having managed to somehow kill everything off), washed the car, filed years worth of paperwork, purged countless extraneous items from the house, etc.. Even all this blogging to me feels like a form of nesting -- it's like I'm trying to spew out as many of the thoughts in my head and pictures in our camera before it's too late.

And yet, have we packed a hospital bag?

Gotten out the boxed up newborn clothes?

Located or purchased the bottles, breast pads, and other various baby paraphernalia?

NOPE.

Perhaps it's time to start thinking about those things. I don't know, what do you think?


(This is an improvement over my actual painting attire. For the sake of decency, I put the skirt back on before taking the photo.)

(Oh, and don't worry about the pregnant lady painting....we sprang for the good stuff:)

(Yeah, a complete before and after post is probably in order, but that will have to wait. Maybe until the 12th of Nevuary...we'll see.)


(Why am I showing you dead flowers? I don't know. )

I hear it's Shark Week on TV. I guess it's unflattering photo week here at Are We There Yet?

No comments: