Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pause Please

Holding hands on playmat
When June is on the playmat, Georgia's gotta get down there, too. She usually wants to hold her little sister's hand. And then there's all the clean up afterwards of my melted heart in a puddle.

Lately, I just can't. keep. up.
I was just about through getting pictures from camera to computer to share and then found one million more. As always, I'm behind on thank you notes, which makes me feel terrible. Three (albeit lovely) road trips in a row have me longing for a weekend at home without packing and unpacking. Two (well) doctor's visits this week. And the loss of Joe's grandfather on Tuesday.

We've had a lot of good times in October, too. It's just been busy. So please bear with me as I chip away at catching up on everything. It's hard when you're tired at the end of the day and Project Runway on DVR is calling your name.

I don't even know why I'm saying any of this. Just needed to.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Project Runway? Say no more. Anyone who knows anything will be willing to forgive everything. Plus, you should probably just cut yourself some slack. You have two happy, charming little girls. You manage to feed, clothe, enrich, and educate them and surround them with love and fabulous made-up words. And your loyal blog-watchers can occupy themselves with their own Project Runway viewing for a little while until you have a minute to post.

Beth said...

I like it that Georgia is wearing Alice's hand me down clothes, and June is wearing what appears to be Georgia's hand me down diapers. Somehow the reappearance of special outfits/diapers makes me extra happy....

jessica said...

1. This photo melted my heart as well. It also makes me think that it's been way too long since I've seen Georgia and I really need to meet this June.
2. So sorry about Joe's grandfather.
3. You are doing the best you can and you appear to be doing a wonderful job. I seriously don't know how mothers do it. Respect girl, respect.
4. Project Runway isn't that great this season anyway so you're not missing much.