Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'll Let You Know When We Run Out of Detergent...

New Year's Resolution #2: Return emails faster! Write people back!

I have become terrible about replying to personal emails, which is awful etiquette made worse by the fact that my beloved correspondents know that I am sitting in front of a computer most days.

Emily writes: "What kind of detergent do you use for washing cloth diapers?"

Funny you should ask.

We started using Charlie's Soap when Georgia was born. It's great for diapers, eco-friendly, and very kind to babies' sensitive skin since it has no fragrances or dyes. We skipped the Dreft and just started washing our entire family's clothes and linens with Charlie's to make things simpler. The weird thing about Charlie's is that unlike other powder detergents, you only need to use 1 Tablespoon per load. For about 3 years I bought it in little containers smaller than a coffee can at a local baby goods specialty shop. One little container was good for 80 loads, but it still seemed silly to have to run a special errand for detergent.

A few weeks ago, I discovered a mongo size available on Amazon! This is more like a 5 gallon drum worth of Charlie's Soap. It's good for 1,000 loads!

Charlie's Soap

Except that due to a shipping error/order cancellation (I'm not quite sure how to explain it), we actually received TWO of these giant things of Charlie's Soap. Awesome!

So, um, yeah, I think we're all set on detergent for a while now.
2 Charlie's Soaps!

No comments: