Saturday, August 20, 2011

Real Men Wear Pink

Recall the trip to Walgreen's that I mentioned in my prior post?  It was kind of hilarious.  Not knowing the sex of our baby prior to delivery, we hadn't had time to sort the newborn clothes yet, so on Day 3, Waylon ended up spending part of his day in this lovely pink striped onesie with ruffled cap sleeves. 
Real Men Wear Pink

Surely this does not surprise you; you're reading the blog of a woman who did not pack for the hospital until after her water broke at 39 weeks and 6 days.
Meet your cousin Alice!
{Cousin Alice meeting Waylon for the first time and presenting him with handmade gifts of fabric, yarn and pipe cleaners.}

My sister and I set off on the short walk to go pick up maxi pads, and Joe added a beer request.  Next thing you know, we're explaining to a sweet older woman in the beverages aisle that the baby is 3 days, not 3 weeks old, and that he's a "he" and not a "she" despite appearances.  All while I'm wearing a Belly Bandit girdle-like contraption that most normal people don't leave the house in, and maneuvering the carseat in his stroller to make room for the case of beer next to the pads.  We were laughing like idiots and looked like total yokels.     
First Walk w/Mom

At Walgreen's on Day 3

Waylon's First Beer Run

Stay classy, Waylon!  Your first beer run was a memorable one.


P.S.  Don't worry, the irony of wearing a Belly Bandit while consuming copious quantities of birthday cake is not lost on me.  Oh well, I figure it can't hurt, so why be dissuaded by common sense?  Also, the thing actually feels really good for my back.    

4 comments:

Emily said...

Ha! This is to classic, and totally reminds me of you two living out of Walgreens during law school exams.

katandkarl said...

i love this post for so many reasons. additionally, my MW totally recommended a belly bandit - do you like it/is it worth it!?! DO SHARE!

Me? A Mom? said...

Do you think a belly bandit would work 20 months pp?

p.s. if you're doing beer runs, you've totally got this three kid thing figured out.

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow the Belly Bandit? Tom T.