Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oh no, oh no, that's not what I meant!

Dear June,

Much to my shock and horror, an anonymous tipster alerted me to the fact that my prior post, with its several 1st baby to 3rd baby comparisons, appeared to overlook the existence of the 2nd baby.  AKA, you, the poor, pitiful forgotten middle child.  Oh no!  That's not what I meant.  Please don't take it that way.  It's just that as I have been soaking in the differences between having 3 kids and 2, so far most the most striking contrasts have been between this 1st to 3rd baby stuff.  If anything, as an infant you were treated more like a firstborn.  And right now, you're currently atop the leaderboard in the easiest child competition.  There - I did it - the blatant child to child comparison I'm never supposed to do.  I hope that makes it up to you.  And just for good measure, here's a gratuitous photo of you, my favorite at the moment.  (Favorite photo, that is, not favorite child.  Of course we have no favorites around here.)

Love,
Mommy

P.S.  Stay on the good side of your Aunt Beth.  She's always looking out for you.  

June and Monkey

Photo credit: Elaine Melko

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, I didn't think you were skipping over June at all! Just giving the transition from baby 1 to baby 3 (and that includes baby 2 there in the middle!). But, I can relate to Aunt Beth's sentiments. I was rather upset when I found out Beau was going to be the "dreaded middle child". But, he's turning out pretty spectacular, despite that fact....I'm sure June will too :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Little Junebug!! You are so sweet! Tom T.

Crystal said...

I totally read anonymous commenter as "Aunt Beth." She looks out for everybody!