Tuesday, January 31, 2012

This Was January

I think it was 60 degrees out today. Weirdest January ever.

Wednesdays at the park, Fridays on the sled. It went sort of like that.

Best memory: taking Georgia on a special outing to go meet Joe for lunch and a stop at a furniture store. We enjoyed watching the first honest to goodness snowfall of the year. And all three kids took wonderful naps, which makes all the difference in the world to my outlook on life.

park
{Thanks for the cute hat, Sara B. June loves borrowing it from Waylon.}

IMG_1249

june in snow

bundling
If this blog were interested in accuracy, I'd show 45 pictures of bundling and un-bundling, and 3 of playing in the snow.

hot choc2

hot choc

feet
A favorite milestone - Waylon found his feet!

vent
You may not realize it, but this is a very "Kate" picture of June. Somewhere my mom has similar ones of me at the same age hanging out by the warm air vent with my blankie and the family cat.

mess
This picture goes a long way towards explaining my mental state revealed in the prior couple of posts. We're very excited to have new flooring downstairs, but the interim mess was less than desirable. Don't look closely or you'll notice Waylon is chewing on a bag of frozen broccoli!

kate and way in snow2

way in snow

In Illinois, the kids call this sledding. : (
sledding

sledding2

store
The day after the 21 Day Sugar Detox ended; we've got all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies. Georgia insisted on fitting everything in this cart, and they didn't even card her.

DSC_0363
Happy birthday, Joe!

January 2012
See you next month!

3 comments:

jessica said...

Love the photos as always! So tell me about that giant calendar...

Mindy said...

Oh my god. Waylon on the calendar is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Kate said...

It's called the Stendig calendar. I think it's 3 feet by 4 feet big! Google "Stendig" and you can find places to buy it if you want one. My original idea was to take a pic of Waylon on it every month from birth, but I couldn't find a 2011 available last August, so I'm just starting with 2012. : )