Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happenings...

1) Why does everyone in the world really want me to have their bags? I don't know what it is, but in the last year, I've developed a real aversion to bags from stores, and I try to avoid taking them whenever possible. So, I take my own reusable bags to the grocery store. (BTW, in case you're interested, they're Acme brand, from this website, and they're awesome - very strong and durable, hold an amazing amount of stuff, and they stand up on their own, which the cashiers like.) Also, these days, since I've almost always got the stroller with me, I can always just stuff everything into the stroller basket instead of using a bag if I forget to bring mine. So what if it looks like I'm shoplifting as I go through the aisles of Target putting things in the stroller? I happily cram it to capacity and then take about 4 trips from the stroller to the kitchen counter getting everything out when I arrive home. Whatever, no biggie that I look like Rachel Ray prepping for a meal. (If you've ever seen 30 Minute Meals, you know what I'm talking about.)
Anyway, I just felt the need to rant, because lately the grocery store is finding every way possible to give me their plastic bags. I buy two sweet potatoes and set them on the belt (no bag), they end up plastic bagged together inside my canvas bag! Any meat? Oh, that's gotta go in plastic, too, even though it's already in plastic wrap. But this is the one that got me -- I bought cans of tomato soup and arrived home to find them individually wrapped in their own plastic bags! Crazy. And this from a store that gives you $.05 off of your bill for every bag of your own that you bring.

2) Actually, #1 was all... I know, nothing baby related here, so who cares? But the entire blog doesn't have to be baby related, does it? Ha ha! You came here looking for pictures of Georgia, and all you got was Kate standing on the family soap box. Don't worry, though - more pictures of Georgia to come.

1 comment:

Danni said...

I hate all the extra bags -- and we even use them for our dogs. It's especially gross when you realize the streets are littered with plastic bags. They're everywhere. So wasteful.