Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My First Mother's Day

Mother's Day was the day after we got back from vacation, so I enjoyed spending it at home rather than going out. Joe served me breakfast in bed (even managing to assemble the toast+lox+condiments to my particular (read: nit-picky) specifications) while Georgia played close by in her exersaucer. I basically used the day as an excuse to be waited on (food-wise) all day. "Georgia" got me a lovely shirt and a fun french cooking class of some sort - how thoughtful of her. Oh, and the one thing that I told Joe I wanted for Mother's Day, and which he assures me I'll receive soon enough, is that he'll do his first blog post here someday. : ) It's getting late, so I'll just go ahead and say it here - man, I do love those two.

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." -Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho)

There's my deep thought of the day. (Must admit that I had to Google Rajneesh there...but I agree with his sentiment in this case.)

No comments: