Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blah, blah, blah....yeah, we're still here...

So, after such a flurry of blog posts followed by radio silence, you might've assumed that we're off having a baby, but no such luck, our phone and Internet just went on the fritz for a few days. What have you missed in the meantime? Walking, spicy food, a pedicure, raspberry leaf tea, more walking, scrubbing the floors, Pequod's Pizza, stuffing in a trip to the Botanic Garden (more walking in some pretty good heat), home acupressure courtesy of Doctor Google, laps on the stairs, ETC., ETC., my friends. Tonight's menu includes eggplant, yet another food that I've heard makes babies want to get out. (Although I'm beginning to catch on that people just credit whatever the last food was that they happened to eat before labor started.)

Good news is that I still feel great - no complaints. Bad news is that I still feel great...

And all my poor, hormone-fired brain can think of now is "baby, baby, baby, baby, baby..."

[I'm trying to be patient here and tell myself that really my body is just working silently behind the scenes, ever so slowly, s l o w l y making painless progress and thus shortening the length of my "real" labor once it starts. We'll see if this proves to be true or not.]

2 comments:

Emily said...

I like the logic (that the longer you go the faster and easier your labor will be); stick with it! We're thinking of you guys.

Susan said...

You've been on my mind everyday!! When I left there in July, I was guessing that you'd be having a girl and she'd be early. I'm still holding out for 50% accuracy.
Since then I feel like I have been waiting forever for you to have this baby! I can only imagine how you must feel. Any day now... let us know!!