Monday, September 28, 2009

Weight Loss Pie

Sorry for the misleading title. I do not know of a pie that will make you lose weight. Tomorrow is my 6 week postpartum check up, though, which means it's also the self-declared first day of my "Time to Start Paying Attention to What You're Eating and Start Moving More" plan to drop the rest of my pregnancy weight.

Obviously this situation called for an apple pie to celebrate the waning moments of our most gluttonous days. And I do mean our; Joe became just as addicted to the evening sweets as I did during pregnancy.

Apple Pie-2

Part way through making this recipe I realized that we were out of brown sugar, and our neighbor wasn't home to loan me any, so this pie was made using my first ever batch of homemade brown sugar! Did you even know that you can make brown sugar? Don't laugh, but am I the only one here who until very recently thought it came from its own plant, as in, the brown sugar fields of Hawaii?

Apple Pie-1
This could not be easier. You mix 1-2 Tbs. of molasses per 1 c of white sugar.

{This pie made possible by: June sleeping, Steph the Nanny taking Georgia to the park, and the stars aligning. Don't go giving me too much credit for baking, because you're just as likely to find me not showering on any given day.}

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Anyone who bakes pies is a miracle worker in my mind. Yumm... want some now.