Saturday, January 2, 2010

Confessions

1. Georgia has moved to her big girl room. Except she's still in a crib. Yep, we bought a 2nd crib so that both girls can have one. I was embarrassed that we spent the money just because we're too chicken to bite the bullet on the whole bed transition thing, but I don't care anymore. If it means 3 weeks or 3 months or however much more glorious sleep we can get (during which Georgia is not able to jump out of bed to come find us), then it was well worth it. In our defense, her big girl bed happens to be a queen sized bed, so does that make this better? (Side note: June's new crib is from Wal-Mart, so not too expensive; however, I did spring for the Naturepedic mattress that's apparently made from organic butterfly wings gathered by hand from free range butterflies that all died of natural causes, or something like that. Seeing as how I intend June to spend the majority of her first 3 years of life laying (or is it lying? I can never remember that one?) on this thing, I figured it was worth it to keep the chemical cooties away. Of course, this is entirely hypocritical, since I don't think we made the same choice for Georgia, who is still sleeping on her original mattress, but let's not dwell on the details, okay?)

2. I'm a believer in the swine flu vaccine, but neither Joe nor I have gotten regular flu shots or swine flu shots yet. This is kind of horrible, because I'd really hate myself if the kids got sick, especially June, who is most at risk due to her age. Our excuses include: "can't find H1N1 vaccine", "don't have time to wait in hours long lines with small children", "we both got sick right around the time that we were otherwise intending to get flu shots", and the catchall of "holidays". (Note: As for the kids, June's not eligible for flu vaccines since she's under 6 months old; Georgia can't get the H1N1 vaccine for egg reasons, but we did get her a special seasonal flu vaccine administered at the allergist's office. Full report here, if you're curious.)

3. My third confession was going to be a certain song that I like to rock out to if it comes on the radio while I'm driving, but I decided that it's just too embarrassing to even type it. So, instead - $20 to anyone (other than my sister in law) who can guess it in the comments here. Only clue I'm giving you is that it's a 2009 release.

6 comments:

Sara said...

No fair!!

Kelly said...

Oh, I love this game. I'm going to guess Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus??? I have another guess in mind in case this isn't it, but I thought I'd start with this one.

katandkarl said...

dude. i love your confessions.

i believe i will also keep my child in a crib as long as possible.

and was also going to guess (like Kelly) the stupid (and ridiculously catchy) miley cyrus party in the USA song since it seems to be a song confessional for many.

let's see. my other guess is poker face by lady gaga. OR you belong to me by taylor swift. (i fully admit to loving BOTH.)

Beth said...

I'm guessing "Just Dance" by lady gaga

jessica said...

I'm guessing Black Eyed Peas...not sure of the exact title but the one that says, "Tonight's gonna be a good night."

Emily said...

Everybody else has already taken my suspicions . . . esp. Lady Gaga and Miley.