Friday, November 16, 2012

Whisper Dinner, and other parenting tips

Whisper Dinner is exactly what it sounds like.  When we've had a particularly loud, or fussy, or yelly, or fighty afternoon, we decide to allow only whispering at dinner.  Amazingly, everyone plays along with this.  I suppose the novelty factor would wear off if we did it too often.  The best part is that even though Waylon was originally exempted due to not being old enough to understand the concept, he has totally caught on.  He uses few words but sits at his high chair whispering a lot of "hhhhh and shhh" sounds to get in on the game.

Okay, that's really all I had.  Do any of you have any parenting tips for me?  

Okay, I can't help myself.  Here's another tip:  Do not, I repeat, do NOT feed your child beets for dinner and then head off to the pediatrician's the next day for a checkup without remembering to bring any spare diapers.  Holy moly it looked like a murder scene!  Thank God they had extras. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love it! And I love that Waylon's getting into it already! Dom uses the whisper mode for reviewing the plans for the next day at bedtime. Seems to promote more stillness and mellow mood, thank goodness.