Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tonight Is My Night!

We're doing this alternating every other week dinner date thing with each of the girls to give them some parental one on one time.  So far, Joe has taken June, and Joe has taken Georgia.

IMG_0549

This sounds all lovely, I'm sure, but I'm sorry, I just can't help myself from sharing the pictures of the hysteria that has been left in Joe's wake. Especially since so far, I have gotten the joy of feeding the remaining two sorrowful children left behind and getting them ready for bed.

IMG_0551 IMG_0550
{That would be the "calm jar", not doing its job.}

IMG_0390
(She asked me to take this photo, by the way.) As you can see, the kid whose week it is not is none too pleased. These girls love their daddy.

But tonight is my night! June and I will be out on the town! Ten bucks says no one cries when we leave.

5 comments:

Emily said...

"Calm jar"? Please explain.

Ann Price said...

YES! Please!

And I love these pics. I always wonder how kids can make you feel so good and then, so bad. But they love you both...I have no doubt.

TomT said...

OMG! LOLOLOLOL!!!

"the remaining two sorrowful children left behind" - as if you are running an orphange right out of a Charles Dickens novel!!! Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but this posting is one of your funniest EVER.

I would like to see a follow up posting on the results of the two kids at home when it's your turn to be the 'take out one special child' parent.

Danni said...

Calm jar?

Maggie said...

The calm jar didn't work with Abe. I tried. But he just didn't seem to grasp it. More like he wanted to through it across the room just like everything else in his sight.

Love this date night thing you're doing with the kids. Do you think it's helpful? What was your goal originally? And TALKING ABOUT JUNE, we are excited for this weekend. See you very soon!