Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Waylon Turned 1! (um, over a year ago)

Remember when Waylon had dark brown hair?  Remember when it was crazy old man hair that I should've cut sooner but everyone was too polite to say so because I would have hated you forever if you did?  Remember when we used to live in the condo?  Well, here are some reminders.  I'm not gonna lie; it's a little hard for me to look at these pictures from our condo.  Makes me quite nostalgic. 

We celebrated Waylon's first birthday with chocolate chip zucchini muffins that he thoroughly enjoyed.  (I might've done "real" cake instead, but keep in mind, three kid birthdays in 11 days have we.)  Anyway, this was his big deal introduction to the world of sweets and chocolate.  Waylon also got a big kick out of opening presents, but the careful observer may notice that most of them were actually toys we already owned.  Don't worry - as a third child, he wants for nothing, and the thrill really was in the packaging.

I tried to "get in the picture" on this particular day, and Joe did his best to make that happen.  I especially love the group shots of me with the kids.  Ahem.    

Waylon was a great baby (whatever that means?), but the first year with any child is a tough one (hello, entire year of getting puked on multiple times per day, I do not miss you), so I always think first birthdays are an especially big milestone for the parents and family.

So, happy first birthday all over again, Waylon.  You are dearly loved and we are so grateful to have you in our lives!  As for the more detailed version of your first year of life, well, stay tuned.  I've got a 16 month update that I wrote and saved in draft form about 10 months ago.  I've just got to dig it up, dust it off, and hit "publish".

IMG_1957 IMG_1958 IMG_1963 IMG_1964 IMG_1967  IMG_1973 IMG_1974 IMG_1976
I LOVE chubby legged babies with fat rolls. Alas, I do not apparently make chubby legged babies.

IMG_1988 IMG_1982 DSC_0072 DSC_0077-2 DSC_0078-2 DSC_0079 

IMG_1990 IMG_1991 IMG_1993 IMG_1994 IMG_1995 IMG_1996 DSC_0101 DSC_0095 DSC_0091 DSC_0098


XOXO

No comments: