Sunday, December 28, 2008

Mind Control Me Elmo

I think this must be a common refrain amongst parents of toddlers, but what is with this Elmo guy? I mean, I've got nothing against him personally - he's cute, friendly and apparently likes to laugh. It's just that I can picture a team of scientists conspiring in a lab to create the perfect being to appeal to impressionable young minds, because it's truly amazing how quickly they all seem to take to him. What I'm getting at is that Georgia L-O-V-E-S Elmo. (Well, except really, it's specifically a love for one book, Elmo Loves You. We have a couple of others featuring Elmo, but none compare in her heart.) Just wait until she finds out one day that this guy actually has a TV show, too. That'll be mind-blowing.

For your viewing pleasure, here's a sampling of what I'm talking about.

During breakfast, having refused to put it down while she ate. Too bad I couldn't grab the camera in time to capture her holding the book with one hand while shoveling cheese in her mouth with the other.


Some "bathroom" reading, if you will. It cracks me up how she studies the pages as if there are chapters and a serious plot going on.


And finally, my personal favorite, but probably not as interesting to anyone else. This is a reading from the days when Georgia felt the need to give out passionate kisses every time the phrase "Elmo Loves You" was uttered.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

There's definitely something about that book! Charlie's copy is barely holding together, and still gets pulled off the shelf occasionally 3+ years after its first reading.

Danni said...

OMG Kate that video practically made me cry it was so cute!!!

Maggie said...

Anna is also in love with Elmo, we have a book and a little doll. I don't know what it is either, it's just sort of like baby crack. I love the kisses!!

Tobi said...

Hi! I'm one of Jessica's friends in Austin... I wandered to your page from hers. I just loved this video - too adorable! Nothing sweeter than a kissy baby!

Kate said...

Hi, Tobi! Yep, I've bounced from Jessica's page to yours before too, so as weird as it seems, you're no stranger to me.